Monday, October 24, 2011

I started my garden!

I had a very productive weekend and the chore I am by far the most exciting about accomplishing was getting my garden started. I picked up some kale, lettuce, rosemary, cilantro and oregano from a seller at the farmer's market. I go some locally grown and organic basil, parsley and thyme from Whole Foods. The soil and fertilizer I got at Lowe's is also all organic. In addition, I also got the materials to start making my own compost. I'm really making an effort to do this as naturally as possible. I hope everything survives, the guy at the market told me it wasn't too cold yet, so I hope he's right. Here's a picture:


From left to right there is cilantro, basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, kale, lettuce, more kale, and more lettuce. My cats are very interested in the plants. The big brown one is Penny and the white kitten is Rupert. They really like hanging out on the balcony with me and watching the birds and squirrels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment